Be the first to learn about the latest
trends, sales, and new products
No time for canning? No worries. This quick recipe tastes just as delicious and is quick and easy!
You can get creative with your berries by adding strawberries or blueberries- whatever your heart desires.
How to make Blackberry Freezer Jam
February 13, 2018 by Mason Jars Company
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 32 tablespoons
Blackberry Freezer Jam
- 3 cup(s) crushed blackberries berries (about 2-1/4 lb or 6, 6-oz containers)
- 5-1/4 cup(s) organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 6 tablespoon(s) Classic Pectin
- 6 8 oz half pint glass jars with lids and bands
- PLACE prepared fruit* in a large bowl. Add sugar, mixing thoroughly. Let stand 10 minutes.
- COMBINE water and Classic Pectin in a small saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 1 minute, continuing to stir.
- ADD cooked pectin mixture to fruit mixture stir for 3 minutes.
- LADLE freezer jam into Mason jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Apply reCAP Mason Jar lids and let jam stand in refrigerator until set, but no longer than 24 hours.
- Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
- *To Prepare Blackberries: Crush one layer at a time using a potato masher.
Meet Mason Jars Company , Makers of reCAP®
We create solutions that enrich your life. The original reCAP products are the world's first multi-purpose Mason jar caps and are Made in America!